S.W.A.G -->Social With Academic Genesis.
S.W.A.G -->Social With Academic Genesis
Hello and welcome to my blog! This blog includes a variety of resources and information to help prepare for the AP Literature exam. There are also other useful information that can help you and your understanding of pieces of literature such as Hamlet and Plato's "Allegory of the cave". Those are only two textual examples, there are many more included in this blog. A big portion of the information is subject to the collaborative learning of my AP Literature class. This is a total of at least 150 brains working together to supply the best information for our blog readers. And that is where S.W.A.G. comes into play. Our collaboration first started in our classroom but is now branching out to the community. We are looking for followers who will be able to add or contribute in any given way. So, feel free to roam and look at any of the given information, and if there is anything you would like to add please do so! I would love to hear some of your suggestions and/or learn from you and some of the information you may know that I may have overlooked or not been aware of. Please comment and lets get our S.W.A.G on!
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Right now Isaac and I have been gathering information that we would like to post on our blog. I'm glad thAt Issac is willing to help me because I still don't have much help at all. By the end of this week I would like to have all of the information necessary to get this blog started so that mex week I can actually focus on getting it up and running !
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- Short Term Goals: Focus on the current presidential election. I plan on creating a blog that will allow people to voice their opinions on certain topics regarding the election. I will post video clips or quote the candidates and underneath each post there will be a comments section. My plan isn't for it to be completely anonymous to the point where users can just voice their opinions and hide behind a computer screen, so I want the comments to be in video format. If the user feels uncomfortable with showing their face they can cover the camera and just talk during their video. I want to show and hear from both sides and actually see the different viewpoints.
- Long Term Goals: I want to still do the same thing with the commenting aspect of it, but i want to be able to discuss any conflict, controversy, or laws that will be worth debating and discussing.
- Right now all I need is HELP! I need to recruit classmates or even outsiders who would be interested in collaborating with me and helping make this idea a reality. I will need to do a lot of research to find out what is going on in the election and with the candidates.
- I want to get this blog created very soon! I'm not the most tech-savvy person, so that is what I really need, and once I have this help, I will be able to get the website aspect of it done.
- I will show my classmates my blog and i will explain the process and why i am so passionate about it.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
After taking today's Lit term quiz It was a big wake up call for me. I need to study each term more specifically do that I know each term on demand based on their exact definitions. I do feel though that my writing is improving due to the essay practice prompts. I have been making prewrite webs for the topics I have looked over and that is just do that when the ap exam comes along, a prewrite will be like second nature to me. They make writing easy and organized and they genuinely work for me and my style of writing.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Today I focused on the ap vocab terms. I feel it is very important to know these word like the back of my hand sp I plan on doin so so that I am successful on the ap exam. A couple words were difficult to remember because they seem like they would be familiar words that I already know the definition to, but they have completely different meanings with different tenses ! Tomoro I plan on focusing on looking at the essay topics.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Today we talked about some of the books that we read this year for our literature analysis. Many of us read the same book so we just discussed themes and plots of those books. I also went back and studied the lit terms from the past because I feel like I struggle on those. Today is going to be dedicated to learning as many lit terms and vocabulary as I can. I think this will help with the multiple choice questions on the Ap test.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
A Reflection on Unstructured Learning The theme of the writing was that sometimes you can get answers to your questions, from unexpected sources. The man in this excerpt was looking for a name for when he goes out in character at night. He was unsure and couldn't think of a name for some time. After turning down plenty of beers by his co-worker, he got the name "Nite Owl". That is what he stuck with and that was a unexpected source that gave him the answer to his problem. This could happen to anyone with a question or problem.